starCalifornia Delta Team Event
July 18th, 2020
- Proceeds go to the Borofka Family
- Lunch will be provided
- Raffle prizes
- Family fun
- Emcee- Kent Brown
- Special Thanks to Chuck Russo and
- Russo’s Marina
- Special Thanks to ABA for providing the event permit
- Russo’s Marina @ Safe Light
- Russo’s Marina @ 1:00 PM
- Online registrations for this event have ended. Lake registrations will be Saturday morning at the trailer at Russos Marina starting at 4am.
On March 5th 2019, JT was diagnosed with Triosephosphate Isomerase Deficiency (TPI). TPI is a genetic multisystem disorder that is life-threatening, complications such as respiratory and heart failure can occur during childhood. In addition to the TPI, JT has Hemolytic Anemia which is premature destruction of red blood cells in your body which is why he will need blood transfusions. As the deadly disease progresses, sadly other symptoms include neurological damage that can lead to paralysis, and intellectual disability occurs along with tremors and dystonia.
JT is currently being treated at Stanford Children’s Hospital. Since there are less than 60 cases ever reported there is very little information found in medical literature. TPI Deficiency is so rare that it’s possible JT may be the only living person in the world that has it. At this time, his team of Doctors do not know what treatment can help or cure him. Our hearts broke when they said JT’s estimated lifespan is probably 2 to 5 years.