1. Tournament winner and APEX Cup angler Jeff Michels topped the Lake Shasta event by fishing a 10-inch Hawg Hunter Magnum Trout swimbait for big bites and then finessing his areas with 5-inch Senkos on a 3/32-ounce finesse head. His top Senko colors were natural shad, baby bass and green pumpkin black flake. Michels also caught fish on a Shasta Baits 5-inch swimbait and a Z-Man FattyZ.
2. Finishing second, Bryant Smith caught his fish o n a 3/16-ounce brown shaky head with a green pumpkin Strike King Fat Baby Finesse worm and a Neko-rigged green pumpkin stick bait with a 3/32-ounce Dobyns nail weight and No. 1 Gamakatsu Split shot/dropshot hook.
3. Cliff King found that dead sticking a Ned rig was what he needed for a third-place finish. He rigged a Z-Man FattyZ in The Deal color on a 5/32-ounce Ned head and downsized to a 3/32-ounce when the bite got tough. He also used a 6-inch Prism Shad Roboworm on a dart head.
4. Fourth-place finisher and APEX Cup angler Shane Pierson caught his better fish on an 8-inch Huddleston swimbait in the trout color. For his finesse work, he used a 1/8-ounce weedless Ned head with a Z-Man TRD in The Deal color.
5. Cody Meyer reached his deep fish with a dark amber Yamamoto Hula Grub on a 3/4-ounce Owner football head. For his shallower work, the fifth-place finisher wacky rigged a 5-inch Senko in green pumpkin magic on an Owner Sniper Finesse Neko hook and fished a 5-inch Yamamoto Pro Senko in baby bass on a 3/16-ounce Owner shaky head.
6. In sixth place, Alex Niapas threw a Hawg Hunter XMinnow, a Neko-rigged Yamamoto Senko and a 6-inch Fat Roboworm (oxblood) on a 1/8-ounce darter head.
7. APEX Cup angler Ken Mah took seventh place by fishing a 1/2-ounce white spinnerbait with tandem willow-leaf blades, a custom poured Bully Bait swimbait on a 1/2-ounce Buckeye Lures J-Will swimbait head and a 5-inch Big Bite Baits Super Soft Trick Stick Neko rigged with a 1/0 VMC Finesse Neko Hook and a 1/8-ounce Damiki Nail weight.
8. Day-1 leader J.R. Wright, who finished in eighth place, relied on a green pumpkin Yamamoto Kut Tail Worm wacky rigged on a No. 2 Owner Mosquito hook and a dropshot with a Roboworm in Aaron’s Magic on a No. 2 Owner Mosquito hook with a 1/4-ounce weight.
9. Finishing in ninth place, Scott Hellesen caught most of his fish on a 5-inch green pumpkin Yamamoto Senko Neko rigged with a 3/32-ounce nail weight. He also weighed fish that he caught on a dropshot with a Roboworm in the Morning Dawn color and a 1/4-ounce weight.