1. Former Major League Baseball player, Harvey Pulliam won the event by throwing a Reaction Innovations Sweet Beaver in the Bloody Mary color, a wacky-rigged black/blue 6-inch Yamamoto Senko, a Yamamoto Flappin Hog in green pumpkin red and a dropshot with a 6-inch Roboworm in Aaron’s Magic. In the final round, he made a key late-day cull on a red Luckycraft CB100.
2. Day-2 leader Logan Huntze committed to punching and got bit on a Reaction Innovations Sweet Beaver and a Missile Baits D-Bomb, both craw colors. He fished his punch baits on a 4/0 Gamakatsu flipping hook with a 1 1/4-ounce weight.
3. Vincent Bernal covered water with a 1/2-ounce Z-Man ChatterBait Jackhammer with a green pumpkin Berkley Havoc Pit Boss trailer and sight fished with a 1/2-ounce jig with a white craw trailer, a white/chartreuse laminate Yamamoto Senko and a dropshot with a 4-inch Roboworm in the Margarita Mutilator color.
4. Early in the event, Obedie Williams caught fish on a 1/2-ounce green pumpkin Z-Man ChatterBait Jackhammer with a green pumpkin Yamamoto Swimming Senko trailer, a dropshot with a 6-inch Margarita Mutilator Roboworm and a wacky-rigged green pumpkin Yamamoto Senko. On Day 3, the dropshot, along with a black/yellow River2Sea Whopper Plopper did the trick.
5. Despite missing a full day of practice with mechanical issues, APEX angler John Pearl made a strong showing by focusing on mats near current seams. He caught most of his fish punching a Strike King Rodent in the Falcon Lake Craw color with a 1 1/2-ounce weight. He also picked up a few keepers by dropshotting the mats’ perimeters.
6. Keeping it simple and effective, Chris Parks focused his efforts on a wacky-rigged green pumpkin Senko and a dropshot with a Margarita Mutilator 6-inch Roboworm, a 12-inch leader and a 3/16-ounce weight.
7. Targeting sloughs, Lewis Milligan used a Neko-rigged 6-inch green pumpkin finesse worm to fan cast for unseen beds. For targeted casts, he used a dropshot with a Reaction Innovations Trixie Shad in a red/black color on an extra wide gap Gamakatsu hook with 1/16- to 1/2-ounce weights.
8. Christian Ostrander punched a Missile Baits D-Bomb in the Bayou Flash and Candy Grass colors on a 1 1/4-ounce weight and flipped lighter cover with a Bayou Flash D-Bomb on a 3/4-ounce weight. For tougher bites, he fished a wacky-rigged plum colored trick worm.
9. Using a diverse bait lineup, APEX angler Phillip Dutra caught fish on a dropshot with a Margarita Mutilator 6-inch Roboworm, a Texas-rigged green/brown straight tail worm and a punch rig comprising a craw colored Reaction Innovations Sweet Beaver with a 1 1/4-ounce weight. He also caught fish on a 1/2-ounce Bobby D’s Grinder (bladed jig) with a craw trailer and several squarebills, including Luckycraft, Sixth Sense and River2Sea models.
10. APEX angler Hunter Schlander did most of his early work with a 1/2-ounce Z-Man ChatterBait JackHammer with a Berkley PowerBait The Deal trailer and a Lucky Craft BDS 3 crankbait in spring craw. In the final round, he caught fish on a wacky-rigged black and blue Senko and punched a Reaction Innovations Spicy Beaver in California 420 with a 1 1/2-ounce weight.